[Debian-med-packaging] #779014: ITP: subread, looking for sponsor

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Mar 12 19:41:53 UTC 2015

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 04:14:11PM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
> I've finished packaging of subread [0] and now looking for a sponsor
> to review && upload it to experimental.

I see no reason to upload to experimental since new packages are not
affected from freeze policy.  So if you agree I'll upload right to
unstable.

However, I'd like to ask for some enhancement.  Since you added
autopkgtests (which is nice) I think you could also provide an
override_auto_test to run the test right at runtime.  Moreover the tests
are running only in the unpackaged source dir.  When I wrote
autopkgtests I always designed these in a way that users can run it
manually as well.  This includes shipping the needed data in a data file
under examples and copy them to a temp dir before running the test
script.  This is OK for autopkgbot and manual user tests.  (I think my
last package implementing this was vsearch if you need an example for
what I wrote.)

Finally, you might consider using help2man for generating some manpages.
I would not really require this for sponsering but if it comes cheap via
help2man I would consider this helpful.  (May be the lastalign page is
inspiring what I mean.)

Kind regards and thanks for your work on this

       Andreas.