[Debian-med-packaging] Bringing DecoyFinder to Debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Mar 18 22:14:03 UTC 2015

Hi Adrià,

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 05:31:44PM +0100, Adrià Cereto Massagué wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am the main developer and maintainer of DecoyFinder (
> http://urvnutrigenomica-ctns.github.io/DecoyFinder/ ,
> http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/28/12/1661.long).
> After a couple emails with Steffen, he has offered to mentor me to bring
> DecoyFinder to Debian

That's great.  I hope Steffen has pointed you to our group policy at

   https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

This should answer the most urgent questions how our team is organised.

> (my current .deb packaging skills are... well, I wouldn't even call them
> "skills").
> So here I am, looking forward to start learning how to do a proper .deb
> package.

Welcome.  Usually I'm doing a monthly mentoring at

   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM

but March and April slots are taken.  Thus it would be great if Steffen
would focus on your questions but for sure we will not leave you alone
in case of trouble.

> PS: I subscribed to the list but I think it still needs to be accepted by
> moderation, so CC me when replying to this email, just in case.

Hmmm, I also subscribed some list at lists.alioth.debian.org and did not
got any response (its not moderated) something might be wrong with the
list server - hmmm.  In any case you most probably also want to subscribe

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/

Hope this helps for the moment