[Debian-med-packaging] gdcm_2.6.0+dfsg-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:08:18 UTC 2015

Hi Torsten,

On Tue, 2015-11-17 at 00:00 +0000, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:

> please take care of all those lintian stuff around debian/copyright.
>
> As you are using the same license name (BSD-3-clause) for different
> texts, lintian quite rightly complains.

While I notes that there are indeed two instances that are quite
differently worded so that it makes sense to me to rename the short
license, there are also five instance of the BSD-3-clause license that
only differ because they use formatting (bullet points versus numbered
list) and because some of them list author/company names in license
point (3) instead of the generic term "copyright holders" that is
suggested in [1], which means that IMHO they are all valid BSD-3-clause
licenses.

What would be your suggestion to deal with these cases? Making the
names unique be setting the short names to "BSD-3-clause/wxWidgets",
"BSD-3-clause/gdcmuuid", ...?

many thanks,
Gert

[1] https://spdx.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause