[Debian-med-packaging] gdcm_2.6.0+dfsg-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Mathieu Malaterre malat at debian.org
Thu Nov 19 14:05:54 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 5:16 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:

>> > Not sure about this - may be if the text is *really* different.
>>
>> The texts are like this:
>> --
>> * Neither name of Mathieu Malaterre, or CREATIS, nor the names of any
>
> Mathieu in CC - he once maintained the package and might be able to
> clarify this ...
>
>>   contributors (CNRS, INSERM, UCB, Universite Lyon I), may be used to
>>   endorse or promote products derived from this software without
>>   specific prior written permission.
>> --
>> * Neither the name of my employer, nor the names of its contributors
>>   may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
>>   without specific prior written permission.
>> --
>> 3.The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote
>>   products derived from this software without specific prior
>>   written permission.
>> --
>>
>> Which means, they all say the same, but while changing a numbered list to bullet points is no big deal, I'm reluctant to change these original texts that appear in the source code.

I cant do much about this. I cannot change the copyright wording of
neither libuuid nor charls. I am pretty sure I cannot even change the
wording with CREATIS.

My guess is that you'll have to repack the gdcm tarball removing
Utilities/gdcmuuid and Utilities/CharLS to get rid of those (this may
involve a little tweak on Utilities/CMakeLists.txt to skeep subdirs()
calls)

-M