[Debian-med-packaging] RFS: codonw

Sascha Steinbiss satta at tetrinetsucht.de
Sat Nov 21 18:38:31 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

thanks for having a look.

>> codonw 1.4.4 is ready for upload in git:
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/codonw.git/
>>
>> I would be happy if someone could take a look and upload. No hurry though.
>
> I commited three changes - please git pull.

Done. Duh, usually I use --git-pbuilder and should have caught the help2man issue :/

> I admit I'm not very convinced
> about the way cou create the manpages.  I realised that it results in the
> final Debian package in identical files (no symlinks!) which all talk about
> codonw but not about the executable name it should describe.

Yes, it is not the most beautiful solution. I can write short individual man pages for each of the tools which simply state that these are basically just shortcuts selecting one particular analysis option in the main codonw executable.

> For me as a user this would be confusing and I wonder whether there is a
> chance to get this a bit more sensible.

Sure. Will let you know when I am ready later.

Thanks
Sascha