[Debian-med-packaging] samtools i386-buildable

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Thu Sep 17 12:18:58 UTC 2015

Le Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 01:52:36AM -0700, Afif Elghraoui a écrit :

> >> Since the upstream name is still available as a symlink, would you
> >> accept the addition of something to README.Debian or an apt-get note (I
> >> don't know what they're called) that warns about this upon installation?
> >

> In the interest of not dragging out this issue-- I'd be fine if you
> reverted those two commits that implement the changes you're uneasy
> about. My main concern for samtools is getting it to build on i386.

Hi Afif,

I just uploaded without reversion for the moment, thanks for your commits.

In the end, what was the problem with the extra files ?  Is it that they get
included in a 3.0 (quilt) patch ?  In that case, I do not consider it a
problem, given that anyway, I really want that people who are serious about
modifying the source package start their work by cloning the git repository
instead of downloading the source package.

Cheers,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy