[Debian-med-packaging] samtools i386-buildable

Afif Elghraoui afif at ghraoui.name
Fri Sep 18 05:59:33 UTC 2015

Hi, Charles,

On الخميس 17 أيلول 2015 05:18, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Hi Afif,
>
> I just uploaded without reversion for the moment, thanks for your commits.
>
> In the end, what was the problem with the extra files ?  Is it that they get
> included in a 3.0 (quilt) patch ?

Yes, they became a quilt patch. I didn't know something like this was
going to happen. When I cloned the repository, I first test-built the
package to make sure everything was in order. Then I added my quilt
patch on top of the stack (unaware that the debian-changes patch there
was auto-generated). It took me two or three tries creating my patch to
get it to apply properly because of this.

>  In that case, I do not consider it a
> problem, given that anyway, I really want that people who are serious about
> modifying the source package start their work by cloning the git repository
> instead of downloading the source package.

I did start my work by cloning the repository-- I just wasn't expecting
that debian/rules clean wouldn't restore the original state of the
source tree.

If everything is documented now, I don't mind if those two files are
restored.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--