[Debian-med-packaging] samtools i386-buildable

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Fri Sep 18 06:25:35 UTC 2015

Le Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:59:33PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui a écrit :

> Yes, they became a quilt patch. I didn't know something like this was
> going to happen. When I cloned the repository, I first test-built the
> package to make sure everything was in order. Then I added my quilt
> patch on top of the stack (unaware that the debian-changes patch there
> was auto-generated). It took me two or three tries creating my patch to
> get it to apply properly because of this.

Hi Afif,

the patch auto-generation is annoying, but I did not find a way to turn
it off.  This said, the name of these patches is standardised, so they
are easy to spot and clean.

More to the point, and to take advantage of the patch autogeneration since it
is not an option, for changes from upstream that are trivial to backport and
that are to be remove after the next release, what I tend to do is to just
cherry pick the commit from Upstream's development branch, and revert it later.

Cheers,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy