[Debian-med-packaging] BioPython unit tests: Samtools

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Sep 24 08:54:39 UTC 2015

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 09:36:48AM +0100, Peter Cock wrote:

> Thanks Saket!
>
> Andreas - this will be a fairly substantial patch adding new
> functionality, so I would suggest for the Debian package of
> Biopython 1.65 you simply ignore test_samtools_tool .py
> (e.g. rename to something like skip_test_samtools_tool.py
> - anything not matching test_*.py would work, or even
> delete it?)

I currently have a mechanism to skip tests.  I simply went through all
the tests I was skipping to check whether this is needed or whether the
tests might run now.  Since this is the last remaining test in this
category my effort was worth doing it and I can easily cope with the
situation.  I'm happy that I was ringing a bell at your side to enable
BioPython dealing with new samtools in the future.

Thanks for your effort