[Debian-med-packaging] How to specify files not in source package in d/copyright (Was: liblemon_1.3.1+dfsg-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Sat Aug 6 21:37:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 06, 2016 at 05:00:09PM +0000, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> as you somehow add jquery.js to your doc-package, please add its license
> to your debian/copyright.

The jquery.js is installed by doxygen in the documentation process.  It
does not belong to the source package (the full autogenerated
documentation provided by upstream was intentionally removed to avoid
compressed JS files).  I wonder why I should add licenses of files that
are not part of the source package and do not even have an idea how I
could do this syntactically correctly - lintian would claim an unused
copyright paragraph and IMHO lintian is correct here.