[Debian-med-packaging] new camitk upstream packaged

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Sat Dec 3 10:23:36 UTC 2016

Dear Mattia,

On 02/12/16 23:18, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 10:01:49PM +0100, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
>> On 02/12/16 19:30, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>> I've commited two updates (debhelper and watch file version).
>> Thank you for the updates of the watch and debhelper versions.
> In doing so you haven't removed --parallel from the `dh` in d/rules.
> I like dh compat bump because they allow me to remove what's otherwise
> is cargo-culting, otherwise in this case is just 2 more bytes in the
> packaging (without considering the d/changelog entry) :D
Thank you for finding that out!
I removed --parallel from d/changelog and checked the changelog of
debhelper 10 to check if there was anything else to update in d/r (it
does not seem so). And dehelper did the work: the " gbp buildpackage"
went on in parallel mode!
This is now pushed on alioth.

> Would some of you do it too?  I don't have a checkout handy, and atm I'm
> in a bad connection situation....  (otherwise I'd have also sponsored
> it, even more given that I sponsored it in the past too)
>

> (btw, knowing myself (!) I find hard to believe I didn't point this out
> the last time I sponsored the package, did I?)

Sorry, if I missed something. In April, we already exchanged on the
parallel build (you added the --parallel flag to d/r, I mentioned the
problem on mips, you came back with a good solution to enable/disable
parallel build depending on $(DEB_BUILD_ARCH), but you afterward also
noticed that itk4 only build on amd64 and i386 so that it did not matter
as camitk4 depends on itk4, and finally I took that as a "forgot about
it" and that might be where I went wrong...).
Maybe the new debhelper is more clever with parallel build and can do
the right choice depending on amount of RAM available?

Let me know if there is something else I forgot and thank you again for
checking this.

Best regards,
Emmanuel