[Debian-med-packaging] new camitk upstream packaged

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Sat Dec 3 13:24:05 UTC 2016

On 03/12/16 14:00, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 12:57:59PM +0100, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
>> and got these warnings:
>> Warning in 'binary:"libcamitk-dev" Replaces:1' value 'libcamitk4-dev':
>> package libcamitk4-dev is unknown. Check for typos if not a virtual package.
>> Warning in 'binary:"libqtpropertybrowser-dev" Replaces:1' value
>> 'libqtpropertybrowser4-dev': package libqtpropertybrowser4-dev is unknown.
>> Check for typos if not a virtual package.
>>
>> On Jessie the corresponding packages are called libcamitk3-dev and
>> libqtpropertybrowser3-dev, but since the last 4.0.3-1, libcamitk4-dev and
>> libqtpropertybrowser4-dev were replaced by libcamitk-dev and
>> libqtpropertybrowser-dev.
>>
>> Am I correct to say that d/c only needs:
>> Replaces: libcamitk3-dev
>> and
>> Replaces: libqtpropertybrowser3-dev
> That was needed for proper upgrade path from libcamitk4-dev to
> libcamitk-dev (ditto for libqtpropertybrowser).  Indeed ideally those
> are not needed anymore considering that the old binaries are gone from
> everywhere.  Except that e.g. those "lib*4-dev" binaries are in Ubuntu
> yakkety; if you were to drop those you might hit some issues in
> yakkety→zesty upgrades scenarios.
>
> If I were you, I'd drop those after the release; there is no harm
> anyway.

OK. Thanks for the analysis and explanation, it is now very clear to me.
I will keep these replace statement for the moment and wait for after
stretch and zesty are released to remove the reference to lib*4-dev.

If everything seems ok, would it be possible to sponsor and upload this
new version (Mattia said he does not have enough bandwidth at the
moment)? There is no emergency though, it is just to have this version,
that has less bugs, in testing before the strech freeze.

Best regards,
Emmanuel