[Debian-med-packaging] [med-svn] [kineticstools] 01/01: pristine-tar data for kineticstools_0.6.1+dfsg.orig.tar.xz

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Sat Dec 24 19:41:29 UTC 2016

Hi Afif,

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 07:48:27AM -0800, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> I had already imported the 0.6.1 tarball in the repository in anticipation
> that someone might beat me to updating this package, especially since I
> hadn't made the get-orig-source script like I should have.
>
> Was there a problem with the version I had in Git?

Probably the only problem was that I failed in reading the Git log
properly and just was looking at d/changelog which I usually bump the
version in connection with the import of a new upstream tarball.  It
might make sense if you verify the get-orig-source script and feel
free to kick one of the duplicated upstream source (since we have
gz and xz version now).

The real problems I had are now in the changelog.  I had no better
reason for touching the bug than simply trying to find another target
for the advent calendar. ;-)