[Debian-med-packaging] [med-svn] [kineticstools] 01/01: pristine-tar data for kineticstools_0.6.1+dfsg.orig.tar.xz

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Sun Dec 25 05:52:38 UTC 2016

Hi, Andreas,

على السبت 24 كانون الأول 2016 ‫11:41، كتب Andreas Tille:
> Hi Afif,
>
> On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 07:48:27AM -0800, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>> I had already imported the 0.6.1 tarball in the repository in anticipation
>> that someone might beat me to updating this package, especially since I
>> hadn't made the get-orig-source script like I should have.
>>
>> Was there a problem with the version I had in Git?
>
> Probably the only problem was that I failed in reading the Git log
> properly and just was looking at d/changelog which I usually bump the
> version in connection with the import of a new upstream tarball.

I'll keep that in mind for next time. I have a habit of not committing
the changelog until I'm preparing the upload or done touching the
package, but that didn't happen this time.

>  It
> might make sense if you verify the get-orig-source script and feel
> free to kick one of the duplicated upstream source (since we have
> gz and xz version now).

Ok. I should document the upstream source retrieval in README.source.
Because upstream doesn't want to tag releases, I find the snapshot
corresponding to a version by checking the commit that updates the
version string in the source, downloading it, and running mk-origtargz
on it.

> The real problems I had are now in the changelog.  I had no better
> reason for touching the bug than simply trying to find another target
> for the advent calendar. ;-)

I filed the bug and imported the tarball to help others who might beat
me to it, so I appreciate your attempt.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--