[Debian-med-packaging] Wrapper for spades (Was: spades_3.6.2+dfsg-1_amd64.changes ...)

Afif Elghraoui afif at ghraoui.name
Mon Feb 15 09:26:03 UTC 2016

Hi, Sascha and all,

Thanks for working on this!

على الخميس 11 شباط 2016 ‫08:15، كتب Sascha Steinbiss:
> Hi all,

> [...]
>> I tried switching to the wrapper but when trying to run it, it seems to
>> be trying to access other files (e.g. VERSION) in a wrong directory.
>> Looks like I might need some more time...
>
> Btw I have now got it to work nicely (IMHO):
>
>  - wrapper used in /usr/bin
>  - symlinked 'dipspades' and 'truspades' to the wrapper
>  - also available via 'spades.py', 'dipspades.py' etc. for
>    compatibility, symlinks as well
>  - all '--test' runs succeed now, added to build time tests for
>    spades and dipspades
>
> I have also added an autopkgtest for all tools including truspades. That
> can't be tested at build time as it needs bwa-spades in a specific
> location which is not there yet then. But I can live with that.
>
> Also I have added editable manpages for all binaries and symlinked the
> .py counterparts. The only remaining Lintian issues are now spelling
> issues in the binaries (which I'm pretty sure is a false positive) and
> the timestamped gzips, which are provide by upstream like that and for
> which I have added an override.

Very nice. It builds and passes autopkgtest on my side as well.

> I also think that I managed to put in all the licenses. There are 31
> entries in d/copyright, with 12 different licenses! I hope I didn't miss
> any.

I took a sort of quick look (I usually have to psych myself up for a
while to deal with a huge copyright forest like this) and I found a
couple missing items. I think it's up to the archive masters now to find
anything else we may have missed.

> Would be glad if anyone could take a look, changes are in git. Maybe
> we're luckier with this upload ;)

I removed the old tarball from the pristine-tar branch to avoid
confusion. I think it's ready for another try at upload.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي