[Debian-med-packaging] Status htslib?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Jan 30 14:16:57 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 11:02:00PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I think that I was waiting for the outcome of the discussion with Upstream, for
> which there was a conclusion this week.  Sorry that I forgot already the
> conclusion (patch ?  not patch ?)  In any case, once this decisison has been
> made, the symbols file can be updated.

OK.

> I am personally in favor of using a symbols file for the htslib but if the
> other people working on it dislike this system, then you can delete it.

Its not that I dislike symbols files - I dislike the manual work I have
with these files.  So if somebody volunteers to update symbols files I'd
be really grateful.

> think that I have explained enough times why I think that if there would be
> only a single package in which to use the symbols system in Debian Med, it
> would be htslib.

Fine for me.

> I can update the file but will not have time for extras.  Thus, if nobody else
> than me wants / can update the file, I think that it will be a good reason
> to delete it.

I just wanted to get a new status update.  Feel free to ping me if you
succeeded in updating the symbols file and want me to finalise the packaging
(if there is any work left).