[Debian-med-packaging] backporting libssw - autopkgtest fails on jessie

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Tue Jul 19 10:59:00 UTC 2016

Hello,

على الثلاثاء 19 تـمـوز 2016 ‫03:26، كتب Sascha Steinbiss:

>> Ok, I haven't built the backport yet. Seeing your latest changes, are
>> you ok with the following backports changelog:
>>
>> libssw (1.0-3~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium
>>
>>   * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
>>   * Use default-jdk instead of default-jdk-headless,
>>     which isn't available in Jessie.
>>   * debian/tests: use corrected test data
>
> Yes, sounds good.
>
>> The last point would fix the tests and obviates my need to add a
>> debian/source/include-binaries file. What do you think?
>
> Yes, that's fine.

Ok. I haven't uploaded yet (and I'm all done with my Debian time for
now) because I see these lintian issues that I don't think you have in
your version from unstable:

I: libssw changes: backports-changes-missing
W: libssw source: unknown-architecture any-x32
I: libssw0: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssw.so.0
W: libssw0: maintscript-calls-ldconfig postinst
E: libssw0: package-must-activate-ldconfig-trigger
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssw.so.0
W: libssw0: maintscript-calls-ldconfig postrm
I: libssw-dev: static-library-has-unneeded-section
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssw.a(ssw.o) .comment
I: libssw-dev: static-library-has-unneeded-section
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssw.a(ssw_cpp.o) .comment
I: ssw-align: hardening-no-pie usr/bin/ssw-align

It's possibly due to the backports lintian version being slightly
outdated (2.5.44~bpo8+1 vs 2.5.45) but I haven't checked yet. Just
letting you know why I haven't uploaded.

>> I'd prefer this way to avoid in Jessie the performance penalty you
>> mentioned that comes with 1.0-4.
>
> Well, it's not clear yet whether this really makes a difference, but it
> could -- from my test runs I haven't seen any indication for that but
> I'd rather let upstream decide.
>
> BTW, SPAdes fails during linking when I give it my new 1.0-4 in a local
> apt repo. I'll need to investigate whether this is connected to my
> changes or not, but it'll have to wait until later today.

Hmm. This package has had some interesting issues.

Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي
http://afif.ghraoui.name