[Debian-med-packaging] backporting libssw - autopkgtest fails on jessie

Sascha Steinbiss satta at debian.org
Tue Jul 19 10:26:59 UTC 2016

Hi Afif,

[...]
>> I guess it doesn't matter that much... Just pushed my fix (and updated
>> the test data) in 1.0-4. Will upload this as soon as I have confirmed
>> that it doesn't impact SPAdes.
>
> Ok, I haven't built the backport yet. Seeing your latest changes, are
> you ok with the following backports changelog:
>
> libssw (1.0-3~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium
>
>   * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
>   * Use default-jdk instead of default-jdk-headless,
>     which isn't available in Jessie.
>   * debian/tests: use corrected test data

Yes, sounds good.

> The last point would fix the tests and obviates my need to add a
> debian/source/include-binaries file. What do you think?

Yes, that's fine.

> I'd prefer this way to avoid in Jessie the performance penalty you
> mentioned that comes with 1.0-4.

Well, it's not clear yet whether this really makes a difference, but it
could -- from my test runs I haven't seen any indication for that but
I'd rather let upstream decide.

BTW, SPAdes fails during linking when I give it my new 1.0-4 in a local
apt repo. I'll need to investigate whether this is connected to my
changes or not, but it'll have to wait until later today.

Cheers
Sascha