[Debian-med-packaging] Packages for sponsoring

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Jun 29 12:08:35 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 08:36:54PM +1000, Kevin Murray wrote:
> Apologies for the lengthy absence from Debian-related work! I've been buried
> deep under PhD work.

Good luck for your PhD. ;-)

> However, I've had a little time this week to update some
> packages. Hopefully I'll have time in the coming weeks to update a few more
> packages (or fix bugs!).
>
> The packages I've done:
>
> - Snakemake: git.debian.org/git/debian-med/snakemake.git

Uploaded.  Thanks for the update.

> - python-skbio: git.debian.org/git/debian-med/python-skbio.git
>
> In the case of skbio, upstream has removed support for python 2 in version
> 0.5.0. I've remove all mention of a python2 package, remove py2 from  d/rules
> and all python-skbio (binary package) related files. However I'm not sure if
> there are any other things that need doing. In particular, removing
> python-skbio from the archive? And potentially a d/NEWS entry??

Hmmm, for this one I'd like to hear Tim's (in CC) opinion.  I started
with python-skbio since it is a predependency to update qiime.  While
Qiime packaging is in a very bad state anyway I do not want to make
things even more complex.  Tim, could you please comment whether it is a
good idea to follow the latest skbio upgrade?