[Debian-med-packaging] SSE3 issue with iqtree when trying to enable i386 (Was: Help with new version of iqtree needed)

Tung Nguyen tung.nguyen at univie.ac.at
Thu Mar 10 19:20:18 UTC 2016

Dear Andreas and Gert,

It would be great if you can provide a patch to build IQ-TREE on the i386
architectures. We have absolutely no objection to this.

Maybe we will provide a flag to disable the SSE instructions completely for
use on i386. However, if the patch from Gert works well then it would be
the best solution.

Btw, the checkpoint error is related to a new feature in IQ-TREE which
allows resuming interrupted run. It has nothing to do with the patch.

Cheers
Tung