[Debian-med-packaging] Problem updating spades backport

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Mar 30 05:27:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 09:38:41PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> على السبت 26 آذار 2016 ‫00:00، كتب Andreas Tille:
> > Nit hat I have a clear preference but a third option would be to
> > take over the readily rendered manpage inside the backport.
>
> I'm not sure i understand what you mean, Andreas. Do you mean to
> manually build the manpages and then include them in the debian/ directory?

Yes, exactly.  This is what I'm frequently doing if automatic tools like
help2man are doing a poor job to create a manpage.  For this purpose I'm
using the createmanpages helper script.  I simply install the resulting
package locally, copy this script to te debian/ dir and adapt it to the
name of the binary(s) without manpage(s).  Afterwards I'm editing the
manpage(s) and leave it (them) inside the debian dir.  That's a perfectly
valid approach also if the automatic tool might do a better job.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/helper-scripts/createmanpages?view=markup