[Debian-med-packaging] Need help with upgrading R package which verifies that the dir it builds in matches its name (r-bioc-tracklayer)

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Tue May 10 08:02:02 UTC 2016

Hi Dirk,

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 02:37:37PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Sorry, meant whichever version (of rtracklayer) gave you that issue.  I would
> rather not remove configure wholesale.
>
> I am reasonably fluent at writing these so I may be able to help you just
> modify the existing one by taking the offending test out

Hmmm, its no problem to kick out the relevant test (I managed on my
local disk successfully).  But are you *really* sure that editing
autogenerated files that are actually not supposed to be edited manually
but under control of autoconf is the best solution for the problem?

I never ever had the need to edit a configure file and if there was ever
any need to fix a broken one using dh-autoreconf was the working
solution.  Moreover I noticed that after *removing* configure the option
-DUSE_SSL was used while when I just skipped the test inside the
configure file it was *not* included which seems like the configure file
is broken in several ways.  So it sounds reasonable to me to stick to my
initial strategy and to assume that the configure file was delivered by
accident and thus removing it.