[Debian-med-packaging] libbpp-seq_2.2.0-1~bpo8+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue May 17 14:00:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 03:51:38PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2016, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
>
> > Rename was because of gcc-5 transition, that didn't happen in jessie.
> >
> > So the rename has to be reverted for backports, otherwise the library will conflict with
> > the one in jessie, making half of the archive removed if you want to have it installed
> >
> > look e.g. my mistake in llvm-toolchain-3.5 backport, where I didn't rename it
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2016/01/msg00113.html
> >
> > (sorry for bothering, I'm not 100% sure about this particular case, I just want to point
> > to a mistake I did in the past, I'm for sure not authoritative at all on the matter, so
> > please don't trust my opinion :) )
> Ah that may make sense. But if its the case, such things belong into the
> changelog.

OK, I missed this in this actual packages changelog.  Would it be OK to
uploaded with this changelog:

libbpp-seq (2.2.0-1~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium

  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
  * Revert v5 name change

 -- Andreas Tille <tille at debian.org>  Tue, 17 May 2016 09:39:02 +0200

and to ping you for fast processing?