[Debian-med-packaging] Trying to disable error=format-security for clapack

Gianfranco Costamagna locutusofborg at debian.org
Thu May 26 11:34:12 UTC 2016

Hi Andreas,

>o what I'd like to know:  What's the difference between building the
>code copy of libf2c comming with clapack (which can be proved by
>deactivating use_debian_packaged_f2c.patch) and using libf2c2.  (Bonus

I would look at both build logs and gcc versions.
maybe some new gcc compiler trigers some issues, or something different is happening there
(e.g. some part of the library built on 2013, with old gcc and the new one patches wit the new libstdc++)

or maybe something different, e.g. you are using two different library versions
I would try to copy the debian libf2c2 over the embedded one, and see with git diff if they are different.

if they are, try to copy and replace it over the embedded one, and see if with a debian dpkg-buildpackage build
you reproduce the issue.
(or try to debug the segfault)

cheers,

G.