[Debian-med-packaging] Trying to disable error=format-security for clapack

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:27:25 UTC 2016

Hello Andres,

> Once I have uploaded libf2c2 version 20130926-1 the build somehow
> stopped working again.  I can not even reproduce things with a local
> rebuild.I always get something like:

>       Start 76: xeigtstd_lse_in
> 76/76 Test #76: xeigtstd_lse_in ..................***Failed    0.01
> sec

Assuming you are on amd64:

In ./INCLUDE there is a f2c.h file that is not patched (unlike the
version of the system libf2c). The result is, that certain data types
in libf2c are assumed to be of type int (size=4), and with the
unpatched f2c.h file that is actually included when compiling clapack,
the same data type is long (8 byte).
Hence some data structures assume different sizes within the library
and on the callers side resulting in the segfault.

Removing the file INCLUDE/f2c.h solves the problem, because then the
system f2c.h will be used. (It may also be necessary to remove
F2CLIBS/f2c.h, I already deleted the whole directory before testing).

Best,
Gert