[Debian-med-packaging] RFS: gwyddion 2.47-1 (in Debian Med SVN)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Nov 23 08:52:01 UTC 2016

Hi Jan,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 10:23:57PM +0100, Jan Beyer wrote:
> Dear DDs (in particular dear Andreas),
>
> I am looking again for a sponsor to upload a new upstream release of
> gwyddion, which is (hopefully) ready to be uploaded in Debian Med SVN. I am
> DM and Uploader for this package, but as the Debian keyring package hasn't
> been updated in a while, my (kind of recently expired, already renewed and
> submitted, but not yet included in a new debian-keyring-release)
> key/signature is currently not accepted by ftpmaster.

Currently pbuilder seems to be broken - I can not build any package.

> In this release, I tried to address all three of your last remarks, Andreas.

Fine.  I have a further remark - which you can feel free to ignore since
I do not want to put my preferences on other DDs.  However, I recently
decided to not sponsor packages that are using cdbs.  The rationale is
that I personally do not understand how cdbs works if some tweaks are
needed and the documentation is either to sparse or to well hidden to
find any solution.  Since dh-r exists I'm migrating all packages I need
to touch to debhelper and thus get rid of cdbs fully.  This does not
mean that I will not upload gwyddion once pbuilder becomes usable again
but I would like you to consider switching to dh as well in the future.