[Debian-med-packaging] camp_0.7.1.5-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Mon Nov 28 14:50:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 02:33:11PM +0100, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> I have no idea why Corentin removed the upstream licence files by a
> patch, it is sufficient I guess to not install them.

Definitely.  No idea why this was done - itobviously slipped through
queue the first time.

> For the copyright, I'm not sure what bothers you exactly. For the
> debian/* folder, maybe I should add myself as well ?

Yes, please do so.

> For the copyright of camp, at the time we forked the project, it was in
> LGPL. I checked and then they switch to MIT in 2014. So maybe that's
> what bothers you ?

I do not think so.  The files say its GPL as well as the accompanying
COPYING.txt (no idea why an additional LICENSE.GPL3.txt file is
shipped).

> The copyright belonged to TECHNOGERMA when we fork
> and now it belongs to tegesoft... So I'm not sure which one I should
> use. I guess I should stick with TECHNOGERMA but you might then find
> confusing that we report https://github.com/tegesoft/camp as the Source:
> field in the copyright file.

We are just talking about the code as it is in the uploaded tarball not
about other software hanging around in the internet.

> Le 28/11/2016 à 14:00, Thorsten Alteholz a écrit :
> > please rework your debian/copyright. The information in it contradict itself.

I'm afraid it was just this

            vvv
License: GPL-3
 The Debian packaging information is under the GPL, version 2 or later.
                                                           ^^^

I admit a better hint than "contradicts itself" would be more helpful
for newcomers.

I commited a fix which makes the copyright also a bit more sensible.
Please also update the Copyright information who might have contributed
past 2010.