[Debian-med-packaging] updating camitk package

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at debian.org
Mon Oct 3 21:59:22 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 12:13:26PM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
> Speaking about review, if you have anytime to check the d/control file,
> specifically the way I renamed -dev packages and added the Replaces: and
> Breaks: that would be great.

Sure!

Well, the "renaming the -dev" business is fine indeed, that's just
perfect.
There are no reverse-depends within debian, right?

What I don't understand is why you added Breaks+Replaces also to
libcamitk4, libcamitk4-data and libcamitk4-doc.  Those packages are very
nicely co-installable with their respective v3 binaries; actually the
fact that the libraries (fist package) is coinstallable is a feature,
and when this is not possible the release team is unhappy (as the
transition won't be as smooth as it could).  This is currently not
possible indeed, and also causes issue as #836990 which you're trying to
fix.  Well, I belive the best solution to that issue is to move that
file in a different binary package, together with the manpage and the
icon.  Then the library package can also be marked Multi-Arch:same,
even.

Why is camitk-config in the library package at all?  (note that I don't
even know what it does!)

> Here is the git line to review the d/control changes (to make amends for
> commiting multiple change in one go!):
> git diff HEAD:debian/control debian/4.0.0_beta-2:debian/control

I think you meant the reverse, as that gives me the reverse diff.
Though I find `git diff debian/4.0.0_beta-2..HEAD -- debian/control`
nicer to type and read ;)  ("HEAD" can even be omitted in that command)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :