[Debian-med-packaging] Thanks for uploading canu, but how to backport mhap to Jessie?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Oct 10 12:13:43 UTC 2016

Hi Afif,

I noticed your upload of canu "right in time" when my colleagues
intended to use it.  I tried to backport mhap but failed since when
building in a Jessie chroot it always pulls in openjdk-7-jdk despite I
specified openjdk-8-jdk explicitly.  Since both JDKs are installed
version 7 remains the default and I have not managed to force the
build using javac from openjdk-8-jdk.

Any hint or should I try to contact debian-java list?