[Debian-med-packaging] Thanks for uploading canu, but how to backport mhap to Jessie?

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Mon Oct 10 15:47:18 UTC 2016

Hi, Andreas,

على الإثنين 10 تشرين الأول 2016 ‫05:13، كتب Andreas Tille:

> I noticed your upload of canu "right in time" when my colleagues
> intended to use it.

Yes, it was delayed far too long. I hope it passes through NEW quickly.

>  I tried to backport mhap but failed since when
> building in a Jessie chroot it always pulls in openjdk-7-jdk despite I
> specified openjdk-8-jdk explicitly. Since both JDKs are installed
> version 7 remains the default and I have not managed to force the
> build using javac from openjdk-8-jdk.
>
> Any hint or should I try to contact debian-java list?

I reverted the change I made when Java 8 became default in
Unstable/Testing. Although Java 7 is still pulled in, setting the Java
home to the java 8 installation causes it to be used during build. The
manifest file also specifies Java 8 for runtime, but I'm not sure
whether this will be affected by the switch to Maven. For unrelated
reasons, I haven't been able to get the package to build yet and verify
that the right java version will be used for the installed package.

It seems that a newer version of libguava-java than what is in Jessie is
needed and jessie-backports also looks outdated-- it has v18. The MHAP
pom file specifies v19, the same version as stretch. It looks like the
guava backport needs to be updated first. I'm out of time for now, but
I've pushed my progress

Thanks and regards
Afif

--