[Debian-med-packaging] zstd upload

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Sun Sep 4 22:46:08 UTC 2016

على الأحد  4 أيلول 2016 ‫14:38، كتب Afif Elghraoui:

>> I've had a couple of email requests to update it today, so there seems to be
>> some demand.
>>

> I'll take this one or post back if I see any issues. Thanks for
> preparing the upload!

Ok, I've found a couple issues that will incur rejection by the archive
masters (at least the first definitely will).

* The copyrights for zlibWrapper/* are not declared in d/copyright.

* I believe some note should be made (probably a Comment: in
d/copyright) regarding the grant of patent rights. Taking a look at one
of the file headers (I'm looking at lib/legacy/zstd_v06.c, but I"m sure
it's in all/most of the others as well--it's also mentioned in the README):

~~~
This source code is licensed under the BSD-style license found in the
LICENSE file in the root directory of this source tree. An additional
grant of patent rights can be found in the PATENTS file in the same
directory.
~~~

You may want to copy that PATENTS file into d/copyright as part of the
comment.

I've also adjusted the copyright year range for Yann Collet and removed
-present for Facebook. The latter does not make much sense to me in the
case of, for example, cessation of development by Facebook and the
continuation by others.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--