[Debian-med-packaging] Psortb has errors in Perl testsuite

gregor herrmann gregoa at debian.org
Thu Apr 20 23:02:46 UTC 2017

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 08:20:06 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > To help with this, I have packaged Algorithm::SVM [8], and unbundled
> > libsvm from it with the patches from Fedora.  The changes seem to make
> > autopkgtest happy in sid-amd64 (Algorithm::SVM has a test unit).
> I made some cosmetic changes - please pull.  If you add an ITP bug I'd
> sponsor immediately.  Thanks for working on this.

Thanks from me as well, and the package looks good. Some remarks:

- There are two patches without a "Forwarded:" header;
  do-not-link-to-libm.patch is probably a candidate for "Forwarded:
  not-needed", but spelling.patch should probably be forwarded
  upstream.
- remove-3rd-party-libsvm.patch removes two files; while this works
  now it can cause problems in the future (when those files change);
  alternatives would be to rm them in debian/rules at the appropriate
  step, or to repackage the whole thing without them [0].
- d/copyright mentions a bundled copy of libsvm without spelling out
  the detailed copyright/license terms for the files (which are still
  present in the source package despite the
  remove-3rd-party-libsvm.patch). I think that's not enough; but
  adding the detailed information is a bit hard since libsvm.{cpp,h}
  don't contain any information …
- Putting the last two issues together, I think that repackaging the
  tarball in order to remove the 2 files would be the best solution;
  if they're just gone we don't have to worry about merge issues with
  the patch or about copyright/license issues with the files.

[0] cf. https://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/howto/repacking.html

Cheers,
gregor

--