[Debian-med-packaging] libzstd_1.3.3+dfsg-2_multi.changes REJECTED

Chris Lamb lamby at debian.org
Wed Apr 18 12:52:18 BST 2018

Dimitri et al.,

> With all due respect to yourself, waldi, and ftp-team (masters &
> assistants & wizards), I find this reject comment inappropriate, and
> not at all informative enough.

Regardless of the merit of your arguments, I am sure it would have
been more productive to reply to Thorsten & Bastian asking for more
information or clarification. :)

Whilst this is not the most egregious example, I am not enjoying
this recent trend of almost-immediately escalating issues to our
mailing lists.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, people make mistakes in
technical matters and in judgement. Jumping to publically naming
and shaming folks is rarely the best solution to these mistakes,
irrespective of what one thinks of the importance of an outside
image.

If one feels hurt or aggrievied by an interaction that might be
completely fair and legitimate (!) but the "junk" energy you feel
in the moment of dashing out a publical riposte has long-reaching
negative effects both on yourself and others that I am certain you
do not intend.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.