[Debian-med-packaging] Package ncbi-entrez-direct extremaly outdated

Aaron M. Ucko ucko at debian.org
Thu Apr 19 02:46:02 BST 2018

Alan Daniel Weiss <medianeira at gmail.com> writes:

> The package ncbi-entrez-direct is very outdated, will it receave any update
> soon?

Thanks for your interest, and sorry for falling behind.  I will try to
find time to catch up soon.

>  Is there any way I can help? I have some knowledge in debian packaging.

I suppose the most helpful thing you could do would be to draft a
current set of man pages -- I've been supplying them as a courtesy, and
keep on having to update them per tool additions, renames, and usage
changes.  If you're not familiar with groff syntax, even plain-text
drafts would be helpful.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu