[Debian-med-packaging] Mothur - Debian patches

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Apr 26 08:57:18 BST 2018

Hi Tomasz,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 11:26:16PM +0200, Tomasz Buchert wrote:
> On 14/09/15 16:14, Tomasz Buchert wrote:
> Let me resurrect this old thread: I've just merged the new release of
> mothur [1] and had trouble to reapply the old patch [2]. Qustion,
> especially directed to Tim, is: how should it be reapplied in 1.40.2?

Since you just uploaded mothur I assume you have done a decision about
this question.  It seems most parts of the patch you was refering to[2]
are void now anyway.  I was stumbling about
debian/patches/catchall_fix.patch and have sent a mail to the CatchAll
authors.  I'm not sure how successful this will be and whether we will
be able to build a mono program - but at least I've tried since it is
on the list of our Bio-Linux related targets anyway[3].

BTW, since we are talking about mothur packaging.  I'd always recommend
to install cme and libconfig-model-dpkg-perl from unstable and run

    cme fix dpkg-control

You have either old versions of these packages or did not run this -
otherwise Standards-Version would have been bumped to 4.1.4.

[3] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/bio-linux/blob/master/debian-med_missings.txt