[Debian-med-packaging] Mothur - Debian patches

Tomasz Buchert tomasz at buchert.pl
Sat Apr 28 06:12:02 BST 2018

On 26/04/18 09:57, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 11:26:16PM +0200, Tomasz Buchert wrote:
> > On 14/09/15 16:14, Tomasz Buchert wrote:
> > Let me resurrect this old thread: I've just merged the new release of
> > mothur [1] and had trouble to reapply the old patch [2]. Qustion,
> > especially directed to Tim, is: how should it be reapplied in 1.40.2?
>
> Since you just uploaded mothur I assume you have done a decision about
> this question.  It seems most parts of the patch you was refering to[2]
> are void now anyway.  I was stumbling about

Hey Andreas,
actually, I did not.

> debian/patches/catchall_fix.patch and have sent a mail to the CatchAll
> authors.  I'm not sure how successful this will be and whether we will
> be able to build a mono program - but at least I've tried since it is
> on the list of our Bio-Linux related targets anyway[3].
>
> BTW, since we are talking about mothur packaging.  I'd always recommend
> to install cme and libconfig-model-dpkg-perl from unstable and run
>
>     cme fix dpkg-control

It's not the first time you mention it. I don't like it very much
because it messes up with wrap-and-sort that I use. These are cosmetic
changes and in the case of std-ver I usually just wait till lintian
complains about it :).

> You have either old versions of these packages or did not run this -
> otherwise Standards-Version would have been bumped to 4.1.4.
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.

Ok, then. I guess I will upload the version without this patch and if
you get some response from the folks you mentioned, we can upload it
again.

Tomasz