[Debian-med-packaging] Regression in Makefile of seaview and missing example

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Mon Apr 30 13:00:16 BST 2018

Hi Manolo,

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:47:55AM +0200, Manolo Gouy wrote:

> I have recently switched from subversion to git so a few mishaps have creeped in. Sorry for that.

No problem.  If you are using Git is there probably any better download
location than the ftp server?  Gitlab or Github are using release tags
which enable downloading a release tarball.  This would be prefered over
a ftp download since it can be done via secure https connection.

> I will fix that and return to you when ready.
> But today we had a hardware problem so many servers are stopped. Let’s wait.
>
> Also, please use version 4.6.5 that fixes a serious problem.

Yes, sure - I have uploaded 4.6.5 to Debian recently (with the patch
I submitted to you).

> As for "continuous integration test", here is what you could use, in command line mode :
>
>      seaview -build_tree -distance K2P -o tree.ph example.nxs
>      seaview -plotonly -svg tree.ph
>
> The first command should compute a distance tree from the example.nxs data file and output file tree.ph in the current dir.
> The 2nd should read tree.ph and create file tree.svg which you could open with firefox (for example) and see
> the tree plotted.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

> Many thanks for your continued support.

You are welcome