[Debian-med-packaging] We are basically through libbpp* upgrade

Julien Yann Dutheil julien.dutheil at univ-montp2.fr
Mon Apr 30 16:57:16 BST 2018

Dear Andreas,

I have committed a patch for libbpp-phyl, I hope it will solve the failing
test on the remaining architectures.
I have also made an update for maffilter. Some notes regarding that one:
- There are 3 lintian warnings about linked but unused libraries. One
(boost regex) is included automatically by the inclusion of boost-iostream
in cmake, I do not know how to get rid of it. The two others (gzip and
bzip) are required for the program to link properly. I I do not include
them it fails (and I actually need them, I do not use them directly but via
some wrappers in boost-iostream).
- I have read that BUILD_TYPE should be set to "None" when building a cmake
project. If I do so, however, I get a warning about missing debug symbols.
For me it only works if I set BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfos (applies to
maffilter, bppsuite, bppphyview and physamp). If there is a better solution
I'd be happy to implement it.

Best,

Julien.

--
Julien Y. Dutheil, Ph-D
0 (+49) 6421 178 986

§ Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology
Molecular Systems Evolution
Department of Evolutionary Genetics
Plön -- GERMANY

§ Institute of Evolutionary Sciences - Montpellier
University of Montpellier 2 -- FRANCE