[Debian-med-packaging] mummer packaging VCS out of sync with archive

Afif Elghraoui afif at debian.org
Sun Feb 4 17:51:52 UTC 2018

Hi, Fabian,

On February 4, 2018 10:30:00 AM EST, "Fabian Klötzl" <kloetzl at evolbio.mpg.de> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On 04.02.2018 16:11, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 04, 2018 at 04:20:19AM -0500, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>
>Just for the record: There is a mummer4 in development [1].

This is what I had updated the watch file to point to and how this topic actually came up :)

> However,
>there is no final release yet, despite the paper being out [2]. I guess
>we should wait for the release and then attempt the transition.

The documentation was even advising people who used it to cite the mummer3 paper in the meantime [3], so it seems to have been deemed suitable for some kind of production. Or the betas can go to experimental. I thought it worth at least updating the watch file in git so we can keep a better eye on it.

Thanks and regards
Afif