[Debian-med-packaging] New CamiTK 4.1.2 release

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Thu Jul 19 11:17:49 BST 2018

Hi Andreas

On 19/07/18 09:34, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,

>>> In pbuilder I get:

>>> component-vtkimage             =  14.79 sec*proc (2 tests)
>>> component-vtkmesh              = 123.46 sec*proc (16 tests)
>>>
>>> Total Test time (real) = 4543.81 sec
>>>
>>> The following tests FAILED:
>>>           136 - application-config-bash-test (Failed)
>>> Errors while running CTest
>>> make[1]: *** [debian/rules:84: override_dh_auto_test-arch] Error 8
>>>
>>> Are you able to reproduce this or should I send a full build log?
>> Sorry for that, I don't have any error on my computer.
>> If you don't mind to send me the command you used for the build, I will try
>> to run the same on my machine (I am using sid on docker, not cowbuilder,
>> maybe that explains the difference)?
> If you run just a sid system that's most probably no **minimal** sid
> system featuring **only** the Build-Depends and nothing else.  Thus it
> might happen that a package builds in sid since something is installed
> that needs to be added to Build-Depends.  How you can use pbuilder is
> explained in Debian Med team policy[1] in the paragraph
>
>    To make gbp buildpackage build the package with pdebuild.
>
> Hope this helps - feel free to ask back if not.

Thank you for your extreme patience, it is really appreciated (normal
people would have send a RTFM :D !)

I used "sudo gbp buildpackage --git-pbuilder" as explained in [1], which
uses cowbuilder, with, from what I can gather and check in the log, uses
an bare sid system from scratch.
But no test failed and the package files were built. Strange.

I noticed earlier this week that some build and some tests (including
the test "application-config-bash-test" that fails on your build)  in
docker without the "privileged" option, resulted into a core dumped. For
instance when I tried to run "autopkgtest" from a bare sid docker
without the "privileged" option the test "application-config-bash-test"
core dumped.

The problem seems to be linked to forbidden permission to call "statx"
[2] (well I think this is the problem, as I don't understand half of it).

Would it possible that the test fails because of permission (I had to
"sudo" the command "gbp buildpackage --git-pbuilder")?

An another subject, I just also noticed another problem with my packaging:
- I tried to fix the Multiarch hinter given in the camitk tracker page
about the libcamitk4-data and libcamitk4-doc [3] and used "foreign" for
Architecture
- And now libcamitk4-data and libcamitk4-doc and not generated
I am now doubting my understanding of this modification.
Any help welcome !

Best regards,
Emmanuel

[1]
https://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.special.pbuilder.html
[2]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48995826/which-capabilities-are-needed-for-statx-to-stop-giving-eperm
[3] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/camitk

--
Emmanuel Promayon
Professeur Univ. Grenoble Alpes / Polytech Grenoble