[Debian-med-packaging] New CamiTK 4.1.2 release

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jul 24 00:33:51 BST 2018

Hi Emmanuel,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 05:02:07PM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
> Thank you again Andreas for your help (and -simplified- grep command and its
> output!). I hope you had a good flight to Taiwan!

Not yet.  I had a stop over in Vietnam and will arrive in Taiwan tomorrow. :-)

> You were right: the problem was due to the use of different permission. With
> normal permission, it generated an extra error that made this particular
> test fail.
>
> I am now using pbuilder (from inside gbp) and I fixed this problem.
> Incidentally I found another problem that I fixed as well.

Good. :-)

> So hopefully, the package should be ok now apart from the tag:
> - During my previous push I (over) confidently push the "debian/4.1.2-1" tag
> to salsa
> - I deleted the tag locally and after I fixed the bug, and check, I then use
> "gbp buildpackage --git-tag --git-pbuilder" so that the tag is (locally) now
> on HEAD

May be it is better if you do not set --git-tag at all.  Since there is
always a chance that your sponsor does some slight changes before the
final upload its better to tag after the upload.  We have not really a
good policy who should to the final tag.  There are teams who require
the sponsor who does the actual upload to do this and I agree that this
makes some sense.  Unfortunately I'm not reliable here and its not
really safe to to trust that I'm doing this.  So please double check
after you received the upload mail.

> - When I did "git push --tags", I got the (expected) message:
> hint: Updates were rejected because the tag already exists in the remote.
> - But when I tried to delete the tag on salsa (using "git push --delete
> origin debian/4.1.2-1"), I got a permission error:
> remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to change existing tags on this project.

Hmmm, that's stupid.  I deleted the tag but I see no reason why deleting
tags needs extra permissions.

> Let me know what is the best solution for solving this.

I'll check the build but it might be I can not upload before arriving
in Taiwan (due to connection and real live issues).  If you will not
see any upload after 48h please ping me again.