[Debian-med-packaging] New CamiTK 4.1.2 release

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Tue Jul 24 07:29:43 BST 2018

Hello Andreas,

On 24/07/18 01:33, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 05:02:07PM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
>> Thank you again Andreas for your help (and -simplified- grep command and its
>> output!). I hope you had a good flight to Taiwan!
> Not yet.  I had a stop over in Vietnam and will arrive in Taiwan tomorrow. :-)
That's a great idea!

>> So hopefully, the package should be ok now apart from the tag:
>> - During my previous push I (over) confidently push the "debian/4.1.2-1" tag
>> to salsa
>> - I deleted the tag locally and after I fixed the bug, and check, I then use
>> "gbp buildpackage --git-tag --git-pbuilder" so that the tag is (locally) now
>> on HEAD
> May be it is better if you do not set --git-tag at all.  Since there is
> always a chance that your sponsor does some slight changes before the
> final upload its better to tag after the upload.  We have not really a
> good policy who should to the final tag.  There are teams who require
> the sponsor who does the actual upload to do this and I agree that this
> makes some sense.  Unfortunately I'm not reliable here and its not
> really safe to to trust that I'm doing this.  So please double check
> after you received the upload mail.

I agree with you, considering that invariably I always forgot something
(no matter how hard I try, see below!), the tag should be added by the
sponsor (at least for people like me who are not fluent in packaging).
We could for example say something like: "if there is a doubt or if you
are not 100% sure of yourself, do not tag the release. And please do not
forget to ask your sponsor to do it in your "request to sponsor" message
instead".
What do you think?

>> - When I did "git push --tags", I got the (expected) message:
>> hint: Updates were rejected because the tag already exists in the remote.
>> - But when I tried to delete the tag on salsa (using "git push --delete
>> origin debian/4.1.2-1"), I got a permission error:
>> remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to change existing tags on this project.
> Hmmm, that's stupid.  I deleted the tag but I see no reason why deleting
> tags needs extra permissions.
 From the gitlab doc [1], the level of permission "developer" don't have
the right to rewrite/remove git tags. You need to be at a Maintainer or
Owner level.

>> Let me know what is the best solution for solving this.
> I'll check the build but it might be I can not upload before arriving
> in Taiwan (due to connection and real live issues).  If you will not
> see any upload after 48h please ping me again.
Thank you for the upload!
And thank you for fixing the Architecture flag for the doc and data
package. I thought I had put back "all" (but might have accidentally
unfixed it, and during my last build, I did not check that doc and data
packages were missing, sorry for that!).
I tried to put "foreign" because (beside being not fluent), there was a
"Multiarch hinter" on the tracker webpage, and from what I understood in
[2], "foreign" applied to data and doc.

I wish you a great DebConf (and a lot of nice interaction during your talk!)
Kind regards

Emmanuel

[1]
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/permissions.html#project-members-permissions