[Debian-med-packaging] python-networkx/2.1-1 appears to break falcon/1.8.8-1 autopkgtest in testing

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Sat Jun 9 09:11:42 BST 2018

Hi Afif,

On Sat, Jun 09, 2018 at 01:11:14AM -0400, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> >Falcon is lagging behind upstream since some time.  Are there any
> >issues
> >with the 2.x series?  You have added "Build-Depends: nim" in your last
> >commit which I never touched.  So if the solution for the issue Paul
> >brought up here might be a new upstream - do you think it might be
> >worth
> >upgrading or could it be possible that it would be easier to fix the
> >issue in the old version?
> >

> The build system just changed significantly with the newer versions and so all the patches need to be revisited and the packaging adjusted. This seems to happen frequently with all the PacBio software.

Do you see any chance to involve either upstream or some power user of
the PacBio Debian packages in the package maintenance work.  We somehow
need to catch up.  I'm also concerned about cram which is de factor
orphaned[1] by its former maintainer and which affects all PacBio
packages.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=897516#48