[Debian-med-packaging] python-networkx/2.1-1 appears to break falcon/1.8.8-1 autopkgtest in testing

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Fri Jun 22 13:49:54 BST 2018

Hi Afif,

On 09-06-18 12:07, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>> last
>>>>

>>> The build system just changed significantly with the newer versions
>> and so all the patches need to be revisited and the packaging adjusted.
>> This seems to happen frequently with all the PacBio software.
>>
>> Do you see any chance to involve either upstream or some power user of
>> the PacBio Debian packages in the package maintenance work.  We somehow
>> need to catch up.  I'm also concerned about cram which is de factor
>> orphaned[1] by its former maintainer and which affects all PacBio
>> packages.
>>

> I see zero chance to involve upstream and don't know of any such
> users who would be interested in Debian packaging (I think I saw some
> conda packages pop up, though). The maintenance really is difficult
> to keep up because of the constant changes--version updates are
> rarely straightforward-- and the sheer number of packages. Since I
> changed jobs and don't regularly use these packages anymore, my
> motivation to put time into their maintenance also dropped. All these
> issues coming up recently makes me consider just filing for their
> removal altogether...
What isn't clear to me so far is if falcon remains working with the
latest version of python-networkx, or if it is now broken. In the latter
case, a bug in the BTS with the appropriate severity would be nice.

Just a reminder, you have about 1 day left to prevent python-networkx
from migrating to testing.

Paul