[Debian-med-packaging] Tagpending

Sascha Steinbiss satta at debian.org
Thu May 24 15:26:32 BST 2018

Hi Andreas,

> I think we should activate the tagpending hook for all our packages.

That would probably be useful, yes.

> I also realised that the settings for integrations (e-mail and IRC on
> push) are usually not set for new projects.

True. AFAICS there is no way to set integrations by default in GitLab for individual teams. That’s why I set up a script to create new repositories, setting up all the integrations in the process [1]. This is similar to how it was done before, on Alioth (except it’s now run remotely).

> I wonder whether it makes
> sense to have a weekly/monthly (?) script forcing these integration
> settings in all our repositories.

Well, that would require a machine to run a regular job on, and a GitLab token that can be stored directly on this machine.
Then it should be easy to write a script that enumerates the repos of the Debian Med team and sets the integrations if necessary.
All of the code required to do that could be taken from the repo above (just a bit restructured).

> @Sascha: Do you think you can implement this if we decide it makes
> sense?  (If you can provide a script I'd volunteer to install it as
> cron job.)

Sure, I could come up with such a script.  What machine do you have in mind to run the cron job on?

Cheers
Sascha

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/satta/salsa-migration-tools/blob/master/setup-repository.rb