[Debian-med-packaging] Tagpending

Sascha Steinbiss satta at debian.org
Thu May 24 16:43:42 BST 2018

Hi Andreas,

>>> I also realised that the settings for integrations (e-mail and IRC on
>>> push) are usually not set for new projects.
>>
>> True. AFAICS there is no way to set integrations by default in GitLab for individual teams. That’s why I set up a script to create new repositories, setting up all the integrations in the process [1]. This is similar to how it was done before, on Alioth (except it’s now run remotely).
>
> I admit I'm a bit scared by Ruby - I never dealt with it (despite I
> admit the script[1] looks pretty simple).  I'm personally using a simple
> shell script[2] with the additional feature to work for other teams as
> well ... except the integration settings.  May be we should settle with
> one script and move it to
>
>    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/helper-scripts/
>
> I have no idea what might be less work - adapting my shell script to use
> integration settings (for me that would be the simplest way) or for you
> to enable other teams as well depending from Vcs URL set in
> debian/control.

One could make the script configurable to take options such as team name, email address, IRC channel, …
These would most likely be variable across teams anyway, right?

Working on a script right now, but as I need to leave in a bit I’m not sure I can get it finished. I still need to add some code that checks for the presence of the hooks and services before trying to set them up. I'll let you know once there’s progress.

Cheers
Sascha