[Debian-med-packaging] subread has in changelog: waiting for answer from upstream regarding segfault on derectionCall

Alex Mestiashvili amestia at rsh2.donotuse.de
Wed Jan 30 15:52:48 GMT 2019

On 1/30/19 4:15 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> the changelog of subread in Git says:
>
>    TODO: waiting for answer from upstream regarding segfault on derectionCall
>
> I've build subread successfully and the test suite passes in chroot.
> What exactly are we waiting for?
>
> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.

Hi Andreas,

subread 1.6.3 provides new binary "detectionCall" which segfaults.
I guess it might expect some files or parameters as input, but no idea
what, as even the documentation doesn't mention this new binary.
Not sure if it is a good idea to ship package with broken binaries.
I'll send another mail to upstream.

Best,
Alex