[Debian-med-packaging] bowtie2 aarch64 package

有賀淳/Jun Aruga happy at oh4u.net
Tue Mar 19 21:44:47 GMT 2019

Hi Andreas,
Thanks for the answer.

> In
>
>    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/bowtie2/blob/master/debian/control#L21
>
> was just fixed to amd64 architecture.  If you confirm that aarch64 (in
> Debian terminology arm64 will work as well I could simply add this
> architecture to this line.

Thanks for info.
We need an additional patch or below 4 shell commands to build it on aarch64.
That is below lines.
https://github.com/BenLangmead/bowtie2/blob/v2.3.5/Dockerfile-aarch64#L24-L27

> > Where is the right place?
> >
> > https://github.com/BenLangmead/bowtie2
> > https://github.com/BenLangmead/bowtie2/pull/216
>
> We are currently in freeze and new upstream versions are not permitted.
> So after the release of Debian 10 this can be uploaded (and we can
> provide a backport of this package later).

Do you know when is the release date?
According to the wikipedia, it is 12 March.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_version_history#Debian_10_(Buster)
> 12 March 2019: full freeze

> However, the Github contains only the upstream code not the Debian
> packaging (this is on salsa.debian.org - see above).

You mean the actual upstream source code? I could not find it from the
repository.
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/bowtie2/tree/master/debian

> > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/bowtie2
>
> That's just the page assembling all developer information.  To make
> sure we will not forget it is apropriate to file a bug report using
>
>    reportbug bowtie2

Sure. Thanks for the info.
I am very new for the Debian.
I have to install Debian OS at first. Then I would report it. :)

--
Jun Aruga