[Debian-med-packaging] bowtie2 aarch64 package

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Wed Mar 20 04:41:10 GMT 2019

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 10:44:47PM +0100, 有賀淳/Jun Aruga wrote:
> We need an additional patch or below 4 shell commands to build it on aarch64.
> That is below lines.
> https://github.com/BenLangmead/bowtie2/blob/v2.3.5/Dockerfile-aarch64#L24-L27

OK, that seems to be important information I need to take over into debian/rules file.

> > So after the release of Debian 10 this can be uploaded (and we can
> > provide a backport of this package later).
>
> Do you know when is the release date?

No, sorry.

> According to the wikipedia, it is 12 March.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_version_history#Debian_10_(Buster)
> > 12 March 2019: full freeze

Full freeze is actually the date when absolutely no new code is allowed and only Release Critical bugs can be fixed.  Unfortunately we do not know when we manage to fix all those RC bugs.  Usually we say "Debian is ready when its ready." (== no RC bugs any more).  I'm optimistic that for this release it does not take that long but adding two months to that data is quite a safe bet - not before unfortunately.

> > However, the Github contains only the upstream code not the Debian
> > packaging (this is on salsa.debian.org - see above).
>
> You mean the actual upstream source code? I could not find it from the
> repository.
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/bowtie2/tree/master/debian

The upstream source code of Bowtie2 is at

    https://github.com/BenLangmead/bowtie2

the Debian packaging of this source code is at

    https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/bowtie

which incorporates a copy of the **released** source code + debian/ dir containing the packaging.

> > > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/bowtie2
> >
> > That's just the page assembling all developer information.  To make
> > sure we will not forget it is apropriate to file a bug report using
> >
> >    reportbug bowtie2
>
> Sure. Thanks for the info.
> I am very new for the Debian.
> I have to install Debian OS at first. Then I would report it. :)

Your can even sent an e-mail to control at bugs.debian.org - please
checkout the docs about basic formatting guidelines.  No real need
to install Debian.

Kind regards, Andreas.