[Debian-med-packaging] BALL licenses

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Apr 1 09:56:24 BST 2020

Hi Ben,

On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 10:37:25AM +0200, Ben Tris wrote:
> maybe I don't know how this works in Debian, my excuses.
>
> Looking at:
>
> https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/b/ball/ball_1.5.0+git20180813.37fc53c-6_copyright
>
> First the head licence is lgpl2.1 or later further looking in vcs repo
> then I find a lot of different licences.

What vcs repo?  Do you mean

     https://github.com/BALL-Project/ball  ?

> Some files are non-free.

Which files are non-free?  We should probably exclude these from
upstream source (if possible).

> Looking at github BALL, there's no v1.5. github ball_contrib does.

It would be great if you file an issue in Github in the Ball repository.
Its not really Debian's fault if upstream fails to set tags properly.  I
usually file an issue about this but I sometimes forget.  In any case
CMakeLists.txt has

   PROJECT("BALL" VERSION 1.5.0)

That's why we have choosen 1.5.0 as version + Git commit (to cope with
latest features like Python3 etc.)

Thanks a lot